Crepes are glorious savory or sweet! But when almond flour feels to dense, and coconut flour would need to me eggs, here's a light way to make crepes with red lentils.
1. Soak 1 cup of red lentils
2. In 2.5 cups of water overnight
3. Add 1 tsp cinnamon
4. Add a pinch of nutmeg
5. Add 1-2 dates (or 1 tsp silan/date syrup - honey works in a pinch, but I recommend D'vash date syrup)
6. Blend for 45-50 seconds
7. Crepes want a thinner more watery consistency (for tortillas consider only 2 cups water, and subbing 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/8 tsp salt, 1-2 garlic teeth)
8. Heat up skillet
9. Use coconut oil for sweet (olive or avocado oil for savory)
10. Fry each side on medium heat for 1 min until bubbles form and flippable.
For fruit filling compote, pictured here with cubed apples and plums sauteed in coconut oil for 2 min with cinnamon and date syrup.